NOTE: All materials MUST be transferred via the free service WeTransfer.com to this address: email@example.com. Do not email content directly.
Original photos only. Photo credit cannot be embedded in the image. Horizontal and square formats preferred. Color and black/white accepted.
File format: jpg, jpeg, png, gif. Minimum 1500 pixels wide (120dpi preferred). File size not to exceed 2M.
Rights and usage: We will not run photos previously published or commissioned for another publication. This does not include photos you have posted on social media, or that is being excerpted from your book. You must be able to prove you have taken the photo, and have the right to submit for publication.
Original artwork only. Any medium accepted.
File format: jpg, jpeg, png, gif. Minimum 1500 pixels wide. File size not to exceed 3M.
Rights and usage: We will not run artwork previously published or commissioned for another publication. This does not include anything you have posted on social media or that is being excerpted from your book. You must be able to prove the artwork is yours, and you have the right to submit for publication.
All work must be copy-proofed and fact-checked before submitting. Articles may be edited for length or grammatical conventions of the site, and editor may ask for small revisions, if needed.
File format: Microsoft Word 2011 document (.doc) preferred. 12 pt. Times New Roman, double-spaced. We do not accept Google docs.
- Do not hyperlink text. Include full link to be hyperlinked in brackets beside the desired link, for example: [insert hyperlink: https://www.urlhere.com/%5D. We will hyperlink.
Rights and Usage: Save the Paris Café cannot run any work previously published, except for book excerpts, if allowed by author/publisher. All original articles written for Save the Paris Café are exclusive to the site, and cannot be republished, repurposed, or reproduced, without written consent by Save the Paris Café, granted in advance of submission. By submitting your article to Save the Paris Café you agree to our exclusivity terms.
Photos for article: Please submit at least one photo with your article. Do not embed photo(s) within the body of the Word document. Photos must be supplied as separate files, as noted above under “Photography.”
- Please include a photo caption and photo credit on a separate document, or at the end of your article (indicate the filename of photo with the caption/credit).
- You must prove you have the right to use the photo. We will not run images pulled off the Web.
- Photos must be at least 100dpi at 1050 pixels wide.
We will only accept original videos. We can embed files from Vimeo or Youtube, but prefer to have the actual files and include a link to your Vimeo or Youtube page in your bio, or in any text accompanying your video, if applicable.
File format: mp4 and m4v, mov, wmv, avi, mpg; 1280 x 720
Rights and Usage: You must have the rights to the footage and for any music used in your video. Contributor is solely responsible to acquire said rights and any film releases of talent featured, or prove that waivers were garnered.
CONTRIBUTOR BIOGRAPHY CONTENT
Please supply the following (see above for file format for photo and copy):
- A headshot and bio of 150 words or less (you must have the right to submit the photo for publication. Include a photo credit, if applicable.)
- Your favorite café name and address
- Any website URL and/or social media accounts you would like promote
Read more about what kind of content you can contribute, and review the Contributor’s Agreement.