OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
If you live in Paris or have visited Paris, you’ve got them: café photos. And if you got ’em, we want ’em. Send us a Paris café photo, and if we like it, we may run it in our weekly column, Café Photo of the Week—and give you credit in the post! Details below:
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Read the information below to be sure your photo meets our criteria.
- Prepare your image to this file format: JPG or PNG (1500 pixels wide, 72 dpi); 1.5M max file size (larger files will be deleted)
- Send your photo by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Photo of the Week Submission.” Include your name and the name of the café, along with written permission that we have free, non-exclusive use of your photo on the Save the Paris Café website and on our social media, in perpetuity. (Oh, come on, you give away much more to social media sites every day.)
WHAT TO SUBMIT
We’ll accept photos of anything related to a café: full facade in context; detail shot; view from your table—any photo that tells a story, celebrates café life, or showcases the café itself.
- YES! An original photo taken by you
- YES! Anything that showcases and celebrates cafés, and café life
- YES! Color or black & white
- YES! Shape format: horizontal, square, vertical
- YES! A cropped and retouched photo, prepped for Web.
- YES! Name of café
- YES! Your name
- YES! Your social media handle for your photos, if you have one (i.e. Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr, Behance, etc. No Facebook or Twitter, please)
- YES! Title of photo, and an optional brief description or caption (35 words max)
- YES! Written permission to use your photo on our site and social media
WHAT NOT TO SUBMIT
- NO. A photo that is not yours
- NO. Previously published photos (or that’s already made the rounds on social media). We prefer fresh eyes.
- NO. Straight-up food porn (unless placed within some context of the café)
- NO. Portraits where the café is not the star, or there is no clear context
- NO. Blatant advertising or self-promotion
- NO. Watermarking or branding on the photo (your work will be properly credited on the page)
- NO. Screen shots from your other sites (source files only, please)
Send submissions to email@example.com, with the subject “Photo of the Week Submission.” Make sure submissions comply with the above rules. Due to maximal work and minimal staff, we cannot notify you if your photo runs. To receive up-to-the-minute posts, subscribe to our newsletter, or like us on Facebook. (Cheeky, yes, but really it’s the best way.)
Click to view our Café Photos of the Week.
RIGHTS & USAGE
Submission of your photos to Save the Paris Café gives us the non-exclusive rights to publish your photo in perpetuity on our site and our social media. You affirm that all photos submitted are taken by you and that you have the sole right to submit for publication. Save the Paris Café is not responsible for rights abuses of any photos that were not submitted as per our rights and usage rules. Photos will be run with credit. You have the right to promote your post in social media, provided you link back to the page on Save the Paris Café. We cannot notify you if your photo runs.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER in the sidebar above left, and never miss a single post of Café Photo of the Week. Plus, get the latest articles, news, and more.